We are the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs (OGPA) and Postdoctoral Association (PDA) at The University of Chicago Biological Sciences Division (BSD). Our mission is to enhance the quality of the postdoctoral experience.
Please contact the Assistant Director with any questions or to register for the next session. Subscribe to the Weekly Bulletin to stay up to date on important information and events. We strongly recommend you attend a Quarterly New Postdoc Info Session.
A member of the PDA Welcome Committee will email you soon after your arrival to set up a time to meet. They will give you a Welcome Packet that contains helpful info about campus, being a BSD postdoc, and other important information.
- UChicago ID and Privileges Office
- Safety, transportation and parking on campus - get a parking pass, find bus schedules, register your laptop and bicycle
- UMatter - Resources for Addressing Gender-based Misconduct
- Bias Response Team
- Athletics facilities - postdocs receive special membership rates, ask at the Ratner front desk for details and to sign up
- Student Activities and Clubs
- LGBTQ Student Life - serving students and allies
- Campus food, visiting the university - maps, arts & culture, libraries
- Campus housing
- UChicago GRAD Housing webpage
- A guide to the Hyde Park neighborhood
- Online listings: Craigslist, domu.com, Trulia, Zillow
- Utlities: Electric (ComEd), Gas (People's Gas), TV and internet (Comcast, DIRECTV, DishNetwork, AT&T)
- Furniture rental: Cort Furniture FAQ available in Chinese, Korean, and Arabic
- Campus Police
- Subscribe to cAlert for Emergency Updates and Security Alerts
- Common Sense Guide to Urban Living