Resources for International Postdocs
The Office of International Affairs (OIA)
OIA is your first stop on campus. Their website has a wealth of information on Visa Status, international taxes, and daily life as an international researcher at the University of Chicago.
- Social security numbers and ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number)
- Information for international researchers
- **UPDATES** on Presidential Orders Affecting Immigration
English Language Institute
The ELI offers academic year courses and other resources such as Conversation Hour and Board Game Group, which are open to postdoctoral researchers to improve their English language proficiency and intercultural communication skills. Postdocs can also complete the Academic English Pre-matriculation Program (AEPP).
Other Info for International Postdocs
- Fellowship database for funding opportunities with no citizenship requirements
- International House residency and global community events
- The International Postdoc Survival Guide from the NPA